Today is Wonderful Weirdos Day, and I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to know there is a day specifically tailored for ME. I have often been called weird, and my response is usually “Thank You!” I have never understood the need some people have to be like everyone else. That would be intensely boring.
So in an effort to promote this amazing day, and for those of us who fall into this group, I encourage everyone to embrace their weirdness today! If you are new to being weird, or are unsure of what to do, try some of these helpful tips.
1. Mutter lines from movies all day, without explaining why. I am particularly fond of The Hangover quotes. Imagine walking down the hall at work, exclaiming, “you can’t leave a baby in the closet,” or “paging Dr. Faggot.”
2. Walk backwards, skip, or walk “toe to heel” instead of “heel to toe”.
3. Talk like a Pirate…and dress like one. And let me know where you get your wooden leg, I’ve been looking for one!
4. Pretend you are a witch, and put “spells” on people all day.
5. Say “Niiiicccceeee” to everyone, regardless of what they say to you.
6. Dress your top half like a woman, and the bottom half like a man. And alternate voices and names that you respond to.
7. Bring coloring books and crayons with you everywhere, and ask people to help you stay in the lines.
8. Bark, meow, or chirp when people look at you.
9. Park in a parking lot, and get out of the driver’s seat with an assistance cane and dark sunglasses on. Then scream at people to get out of your way because you can’t see!
10. Be yourself. For some of us, that’s all it takes.
Be sure and hug your favorite weirdos today! Hey, that can be #11…Hug random strangers!
I’m Just Sayin’