Welcome!

We are just a couple of big ol nice gals as one "gentleman" once said. Best friends since high school, we have a lot to say about life, love, family and friends and how we are just trying to feel comfortable in our own skin.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Family and Annoying FB Friends

I read a FB post from an old friend yesterday. It stated that she didn't think that when her dad died that she would be sad but that she was and it was probably because he never told her he was sorry for treating her poorly even though he said those oh so important words to her mom and sister, or was it her brother...anway. Funny thing...I never knew she had a dad. Well, I KNEW she had a dad but I have known her for a very long time and I don't remember her EVER talking about her dad. We were out of touch for many years so I am sure that during those years she had lots of time to reflect on her family or lack thereof. Anyway, I guess my point is that I'm glad my dad is still alive and that although he has lots of faults, I know he loves me AND my brothers and that is a good thing. I also might point out that I have the most wonderful stepfather in the world and that my life would be incomplete without him. And, I only state that because I can never mention my dad without mentioning my stepdad because I think if their good qualities were fused together, they would make the perfect dad. Ok, weird, but that's how I feel about the whole subject.

Speaking of FB (or was I?) I have an issue I need to air out. And for those who don't know what I speak of, FB=Facebook. So, a "friend" who if I remember correctly "friended" me sometime back. I accepted of course because that's just the kind of gal I am. Plus, I always thought this said "friend" was a nice lady so what the hell. So, she posts like a million times a day and I read every single one of them. She is one of those clever posters. Her posts were always entertaining and witty. She was definitely one of the cool kids. One day recently, I noticed not one single post. I figured she was having a bad day and didn't feel like posting anything or had run out of clever things to say, but I couldn't believe the latter was true. So, I asked Morgan if she had seen any of her posts...because Morgan is my BFF we have a few friends in common. Morgan said she had. And, at that point, I couldn't belive it! I had been BLOCKED from receiving posts from someone! How fucking rude! First of all, I rarely commented on this so called "friends" page. Second, why did she think herself so important that I was denied reading her posts? Third, WTF? So, I really don't know what I did to this lady to make her block me. What really bothers me though is WHY it bothers me so much!

Well, whatever....
Elizabeth

1 comment: